Friday 1 March 2013

Hyde Clarendon Sixth Form - Harlem Shake

The 'Harlem Shake' internet dance craze of February/March 2013 hit my College and so my College's marketing team asked me to create a "Hyde Clarendon Sixth Form College Harlem Shake" video for YouTube.

I was given 30 minutes to set up my equipment, direct the 'Harlem Shakers' and capture the footage during one lunch time! Using a tripod and a HD SLR camera set to video mode I captured the different stages of the Harlem Shake from the College balcony before editing the footage on iMovie and adding the trademark 'Harlem Shake' audio to the video.

I can assure you this task was not as easy as it sounds or looks, especially with almost the entire college gathering on the outer edges of the video frame and up on the balcony where I was filming from so that they could watch what was going on!

The result of my work on this project is below:


The above work showcases my ability to use technologies such as:
  • HD SLR Camera (filming)
  • iMovie (editing, adding video effects, adding audio)
It also showcases my ability to:
  • Direct people in preparation for filming
  • Set up tripod and camera equipment
  • Work in a set time frame