Friday 12 April 2013

Horror Film Trailer - "Transfixed"

As part of my A Level Media Studies work I created promotional materials for a horror film which I titled "Transfixed".

The most notable of the promotional materials is the film trailer. I worked independently and took on all four roles of cinematography, mise-en-scene, editing and sound to produce a trailer for my horror film "Transfixed". Everything in the trailer is of my own independent creation, including the production company logos.

Overall grade obtained: A*


Grade breakdown:

Editing: A*
Mise-en-scene: A*
Sound: A*
Cinematography: A

(please note: for some unknown reason the sound is very quiet and is best heard through earphones)
                                                                  
(Acting credits go to James Mills, Sara Wilson and Matthew Nicholls)

The above work showcases my ability to use such technologies as:
  • iMovie (editing)
  • Garageband (sound)
  • HD camcorder (cinematography)
  • Photoshop (Production Company Logos)
  • Adobe Flash (Production Company Logos) 
It also showcases my ability to:
  • Hold auditions to cast actors in suitable roles
  • Source suitable props, costumes and locations
  • Direct actors during filming
  • Create production and distribution company logos